Melaka Air set for maiden flight to Penang on April 6
MALACCA: Melaka Air will start its maiden flight from the Malacca International Airport in Batu Berendam to Penang on April 6.
Melaka Air, operated by Melaka Holiday Sdn Bhd in cooperation with Firefly, will fly twice a week (Monday and Friday) to Penang using an aircraft with a capacity to fly 72 passengers.
Melaka Holiday Sdn Bhd chairman Syed Mahaza Syed Dakian the flight would take 1 hour 10 minutes and tourists coming to Malacca from Penang would be able to arrive in comfort to visit interesting places in the state.
“There is a demand for such service from Penang since tourists who arrive in Penang would also like to visit Malacca which is also a Unesco World Heritage site just like Penang,” he told reporters after opening the Melaka Air and Melaka Holiday counters here Wednesday.
The introduction of the air route to and from Penang would shorten the travel time for tourists as well as save cost.
Melaka Air, which started its operations last November, was previously servicing only the Malacca-Medan (Indonesia) sector.
Syed Mahaza said Melaka Holiday also offered travel packages, especially five days four nights or four days three nights to selected destinations.
More articles under this category >>>
- Attractions in Malacca a major tourist draw
- Zheng He ‘returns’ to Malacca
- Melaka Zoo expects 1 mil visitors this year
- Second Phase Of Melaka River Beautification Project To Be Safari-style
- State govt to take over Zoo Melaka by year’s end
- ‘Eye On Malaysia’ Wheel In Pulau Melaka To Operate In April
- Melaka set to draw more tourists from Singapore
- Melaka Set For 12.5 Million Tourist Arrivals This Year
- Fire razes iconic Lido Theatre in Malacca
- UNESCO gives a new breed of life to tourism in Melaka